Study in MalaysiaBook Your Seat
Malaysia is a country of diversity. It is home to numerous ethnic groups, races and religions. Its geographical location is almost as diverse as its culture. Malaysia, known as the gateway to Asia, has just about the right balance of city life and nature. From Kuala Lumpur's Petronas Twin Towers to rainforests, Malaysia has a bit of everything. The higher education system is governed by the Malaysian Ministry of Education. There are two types of institutions: colleges and universities. Malaysia is also well known for being home to branch campuses of foreign institutions at affordable tuition rates. Examples of such universities are Monash University, Swinburne University of Technology, Curtin University of Technology, University of Nottingham, Raffles Design Institute and SAE Institute. Malaysian colleges and universities offer a wide variety of courses. Undergraduate and postgraduate programmes are offered in various fields, including pharmacy, medicine, engineering, law, business, economics, commerce, information technology and education. Outside the classroom, there are lots of activities you can explore. You can either visit the islands of Penang, Langkawi, Pangkor and Tioman and experience a nice beach holiday, or have a look at the colourful stages of Malay history in Penang. You can also head down to the famous Batu caves, a 400-million-year-old limestone hill with a series of awe-inspiring caves and cave temples. Colleges: Colleges in Malaysia mostly function as independent institutions, and they do not have any university statuses. Colleges are meant for transiting into the university level of education. Hence, most Malaysian colleges offer undergraduate degrees or bridge courses for students. Universities: A number of universities in Malaysia offer undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. In addition, parent campuses of some of the top universities in countries like the UK, Australia and Ireland have established branch campuses in Malaysia. Branch campuses offer an equivalent degree to students, similar to what they offer at parent campuses, but at an affordable cost.
Document Checklist for Study Abroad
Student visa application form completed and signed by the applicant. Offer letter from Educational Organization that is approved by the pass & permit division, Immigration Headquarters of Malaysia.
- Two (2) copies of Passport.
- Two (2) passport sized photographs.
- Evidence of full time course of study that has been approved by the Minister of Home Affairs.
- Evidence of financial capability to meet course and other expenses.
- Evidence of Employment.
- Health certificate.
- Evidence of security and personal bond.
- Students have to show their approval letters upon arrival.
- Special Pass will be issued to refer them to the respective State Immigration Department for issuance of Student Pass.
- Educational organization’s representative is required to receive and attend to the student on arrival.
Entry Requirements: For the pre-Masters courses, typical entry requirements are at least 3 years of higher education and UK IELTS 5.5 (minimum of 5.0 in all skills).
If you do not meet the English language entry level but have at let UKVI IELTS 4.5 (minimum 4.0 in all skills) you can do a course that includes extended English and skills (EES).
Students may be able to start in spring (January – April), summer (May – August) or autumn (September – November).
Academic intakes vary from institution to institution. Most Malaysian universities have academic intakes in late February and in mid-July. Some universities (branch campuses) might have intakes in October or second or third round offer intakes.
Malaysia Student Visa Process from Bangladesh
- Student Pass – US$ 17.65 a year or part of a year.
- Visa – fees charged depending on the country. It does not exceed US$ 29.41.
Security or personal bond – US$ 220.54 (refundable) for Bangladeshi students.
Photography Specification: Recent passport sized photograph (must be less than 6 months old).
Cost of studying in Malaysia
The tuition fees will vary based on the institution (public or private) and the programme that you apply for. The tuition fees at a branch campus will surely vary from a parent campus. Undergraduate programmes in Business and Engineering at a branch campus could cost from RM 48,000 to RM 102,000 per year. One of the most popular reasons why international students choose Malaysia is its relatively affordable cost of living and tuition fees. Students will also find that the accommodation options are quite affordable. Accommodation could cost from RM600 to RM900 per month, three meals per day could cost from RM 20 to RM 30, transport could cost from RM 80 to RM 150, campus mobile phone bills could cost from RM 30 to RM 50 and personal expenses could cost from RM 100 to RM 200.
Scholarships for international students
There are various scholarships on offer in various fields, such as Science and Engineering, Agriculture and Fisheries, Biotechnology, Information and Communication Technology, Food Security and Environmental Studies.
Some of the popular scholarships that are on offer are as follows:
- Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship
- Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS)
- Malaysian Commonwealth Scholarship
Benefits of Studying in Malaysia
- Multicultural environment where students get to know various people from different religion and culture.
- A politically stable country.
- International standard of education, with post-study work opportunities. Since Malaysia looks for skilled workers, the industries are in need for good graduates always.
- A range of programmes are on offer for students, along with twinning programmes and programmes that are on offer by branch campuses.
- Straightforward immigration procedures that make it easier for students to transit to the country.
- Safe country for international students. As per the Global Peace Index, Malaysia ranks 29th on the list of most peaceful country in the world, out of a list of 163 countries.
- Fantastic travel destination for travel holies!
- Malaysia is a food haven for those who can’t live without experiencing some incredible cuisines in the world.
- Students can receive degrees from countries like the UK, the USA and Australia.
- Last but not least, Malaysia is an affordable study destination for students.
What’s your reason behind studying in Malaysia? Now that you have a concrete list of information, why don’t you give a thought to study in this fantastic destination? If you have already shortlisted it, then let us know if we can be of any help. We would be glad to guide you and give detailed information at every step.
How to Apply Student Visa in Malaysia
Step 1: Inquiry Form
Student has to visit our office or fill up inquiry form about what course, student’s academic requirement, from which group, which year, whether the student got IELTS/TOEFL or not? Whether applicant got passport or not? How long the passport validity? When we get this info it is easy for us to do the counsel.
Step 2: Choosing Course and Organization
If our counselors think you are an eligible applicant, then they will contact you over phone/by email or fax for personal meeting, preferably with your parents or guardians to gather more information about your educational records and financial ability. They will advise you which country, course and university or college will be most congenial for you according to your profile and financial circumstances. They will present you a total view of the proposed country, course and organization and the relevant expenses.
Step 3: Completing Course Application Form & Submitting Necessary Documents.
Once you have selected the country, course and organization of your choice, then our counselors will give you the course application form and help you to fill it up and sign that. You are essential to submit the following documents to our counselors:
- Copy of your passport.
- Copy of your educational certificates and transcripts
- Copy of IELTS/TOEFL result sheet (If required)
- Complete C.V
- 10 copies of recent PP size photograph.
Step 4: Confirmation of Offer
Our counselors will make sure that your application is properly filled out and meets the entrance criteria for the desired academic course, and forward it to the organization with a cover letter explaining your state of affairs. Our Counselors will keep in touch with the foreign college/university until a Confirmation of Offer letter is received and will forward it to you.
Step: 5: Do the Medical
One of the requirements to get visa approvals from Malaysia that the student has to do the medical from any reputed medical centre. The HEALTH EXAMINATION FORM can be downloading from MOHE (Ministry of higher education Malaysia) website. Or each and every institute sends the health exam form with Offer Letter. Or student can collect form from our office.
Receiving Of Approval Letter
When the student’s visa is approved by MOHE and immigration Malaysia, Organizations of Malaysia courier the original copy to our address. After receiving the approval, we inform students to come and collect it from our office.
Student Visa in Malaysia Bangladesh Study Center Address
You Can Check Malaysia Visa By Passport Number
Universities which have relations with BSB are
- Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
- Taylor’s University
- SEGI University
- Asia Pacific University of Technology
- University of Malaya Wales
- Multimedia University
- University NILAI